Re: Digital Caliper Recommendation

Ken Adams

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 08:12 AM, Eric Hansmann wrote:
Mitutoyo digital calipers
Eric and all that have offered suggestions. HO or other selectable scale digital calibration on Calipers is just a dream. My phone calculator is usually close at hand for scale conversion calculations when needed.  A spreadsheet on the PC next to my workbench allows saved conversion formulas. I approximate the ancient imperial fractions if needed to the nearest 1/4 HO scale foot.

Much as I would love to buy the exquisite Mitutoyo digital calipers, I have decided on a $25 Amazon Vinca DCLA-0605 model  replacement delivered to my doorstep sometime tomorrow.  It will actually be an upgrade over the 6 year old Harbor Freight version that remains misplaced somewhere in time or my townhouse.  I guess I am coming down on the "cheap" side these days but my railway dollars only stretch so far.

--
Ken Adams