Re: Ann Arbor 73750 to 73998 door hardware?

Robert kirkham

Thanks Fenton - it helps.  I can figure out the various upper pieces from that.

But that large shape at the left end of the 18” long, horizontal piece of bar stock, remains a bit of a mystery.

My impression is that the door post has two castings mounted to it - the upper and lower - and so the door latch fits into them.

Rob

On Oct 18, 2020, at 2:24 PM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Rob, will this help AA 73918 door
Fenton

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:55 PM Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

Hi there,

I'm modelling one of these 9' IH Ann Arbor cars, and can't find sufficiently detailed photos of the door hardware: specifically the door latch mechanism bits and pieces.  Here is a link to a Jim Parker shot in the list photos section: https://realstmfc.groups.io/g/main/photo/43681/38?p=Created,,,20,2,20,0   Wondering if anyone has a higher resolution photo of one of these series of cars, or of the type of door hardware used.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rob Kirkham

--
Fenton Wells