Re: Photo: Southern Automobile Boxcar 311006 (1938)

Bruce Smith

We now take you to Buford, Wyoming. Two “men of the road” are sitting at their campfire arguing about this car, as it was set out by a freight on a siding for a bad bearing around a week ago. Fortunately, while the Fast Mail is also stuck in town, it’s not blocking their view of the car

“It's a furniture car”
“no, it’s an automobile car”
“no, I say it’s a furniture car”
“you're wrong, it says right on the side it’s an automobile car”
“no you’re wrong! it says right on the side it’s a furniture car!"

Just as things are about to get heated, a 3rd man walks up

“I know, let’s ask Mike. He’ll know”
“Hey Mike, is that a furniture or an automobile car”

Mike replies, “I have no idea! It's not from around here!”

And now back to your regular programming.
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

On Oct 19, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: Southern Automobile Boxcar 311006 (1938)
A photo from the Historic Pittsburgh website:
Scroll on the photo to enlarge it.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA