Re: Identity Of This Car? (Undated)

Dennis Storzek

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 11:05 AM, Claus Schlund \(HGM\) wrote:
I notice the container is numbered C-40. Does that mean there is a C-1 thru C-39 also?
Very likely so. When we were moving wood working machinery out of the former TM Cold Spring Shop in Milwaukee in the seventies (then being used as the main bus shops of the Transport Co.) there were several containers being used as sheds on the property. I've since seen one on the ground at the East Troy (WI) Trolley Museum, and I wouldn't doubt that IRM has acquired one or more to go with the car. In case anyone was wondering, the light colored container is silver (aluminium) with red lettering shaded in black. Now the bad news... because this was trolley equipment, it never went off the property, certainly not interchanged to a "steam" railroad. I suspect the containers shuttled between customers with large volume of package shipments and the system's freight houses.

Dennis Storzek