Re: ATSF in California

Paul Doggett

I think they borrowed whatever they could, I have a UP with 2 bay hoppers in a beet train.
Paul Doggett

On 24 Oct 2020, at 18:57, Richard Townsend via groups.io <richtownsend@...> wrote:

I don’t know about SP beet trains, but I have seen photos of UP and even Chicago & Alton hoppers in Colorado & Southern beet trains.

On Oct 24, 2020, at 10:11 AM, Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:

RJ

I have never seen a photo of one mine will be carrying scrap I think or timber .

Paul Doggett

On 24 Oct 2020, at 17:48, radiodial868 <radiodial57@...> wrote:

Looks like SP had the monopoly on California sugarbeets, and the Santa Fe moved Colorado beets.
So Paul, I'm guessing the next question you ask is, "would an AT&SF gondola ever end up in a consist of Southern Pacific beet gondolas?"
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA