Re: Accurail 1800 series bocxcar kitbash

Eric Hansmann

A few railroads used ends similar to the indestructible design to upgrade older cars. They turn up on wood sheathed B&O, DL&W, and Erie boxcars.

It was determined awhile back by a couple B&O modelers that the ends used on B&O cars were home built and had differences to the ends used on D&H, DL&W, and Erie cars. IIRC, one major difference is the angled pieces point a different way on the B&O cars.

This end view of an Erie boxcar shows the design, but the components don’t seem a heavy as what was used on B&O cars.

http://hansmanns.org/images/canton_industry_2.JPG

Compare the Erie car end with the B&O car in the attachment.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN