Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Smokey Mountain Southern 1953 54'-5" gondola

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Guys;

I can remember the time when NO ONE could be interested in gons, and look at us now!

When I pitched the PRR gon book, I was told I was crazy, and had picked the worst possible car type for a book.  I told them it was either that or no more books.

I LOVE the great gon models you guys are doing.  Great job, Fenton!

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Hansmann
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 4:48 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Smokey Mountain Southern 1953 54'-5" gondola

Somehow I missed seeing this post earlier. The model is top-notch, Fenton! It seems many of us have been “gon crazy!”

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of O Fenton Wells
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 9:09 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Smokey Mountain Southern 1953 54'-5" gondola

I just finished another Covid build.  This is a Smokey Mountain Southern, 1953 blt date, 53'-6" gondola.  Jim at Smokey Mt has sold this line of models and it appears the new owner is going to release this car in the near future.
This is a nicely done one piece casting with well done resin and etched metal details.  I haven't figured what load to put in it as of now.
Fenton

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.