Re: Photo: Armored CN Gondola With Anti-Aircraft Guns (1942)

Bruce Smith

Ken,

Got that, but... the mounts in question are naval twin 40s. And the car is a well-flat. Supposedly, the PRR's fleet of these cars was used to specifically move these mounts. None of the diagrams or photos comes close (and yes you should expect page 66 and 67 from me in the near future!)

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 9:06 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Armored CN Gondola With Anti-Aircraft Guns (1942)

Bruce,

Look at Railway Prototype Cyclopedia, Vol. 20, pages 1-85, especially p. 67. I am sure that there are some DOD manuals online for much more of the same.

Ken Montero
On 11/05/2020 6:18 PM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Also some pretty nice 40 mm bofors in HO on Shapeways. I have 2 dual mounts for loading on a PRR F37 flat car, if I could only find a diagram/photo to guide my blocking and tie downs!

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Mac shp <mshepler8387@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:19 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Armored CN Gondola With Anti-Aircraft Guns (1942)

1/87 bofors
https://www.wespemodels.com/bofors_aa_40mm_wes_87073?search=bofors%20
Search the Wespe site and you may find it as a kit (tiny resin parts beware) and built up

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.