From: william darnaby <wdarnaby@...>
Date: 11/6/20 11:17 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Monon Covered Hopper 4240

The EMD library had copies of all of the railroad industry publications going back into the 40’s and I remember seeing a blurb about these cars that stated that some of them were assigned to the Omar Bakery in Indianapolis for flour service.  I don’t imagine that they lasted long in that service as that design of car was not particularly well suited for flour service but it is not beyond comprehension that the Monon gave it a try back in that era.

Bill Darnaby