From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Madden via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2020 3:07 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Interesting 1900-ish boxcar roof

The attached photo is in the current issue of a historical society publication from my home area in northeastern PA. (Scan courtesy of the editor.) The caption states "Sam Nevin in Columbia Township, Flathead County, Montana". Sam was a sawmill laborer who arrived there in 1900 and by 1910 was back in PA. Interesting pattern in the wood sheathed roof, and look at how neat those stacks of lumber are. Probably a GN car as that's GN country.

Tom Madden