Was there ever a clinic on Delano-based paint and weathering?

Robert kirkham

Just wondering if anyone ever did a clinic on finishing WWII era rolling stock based on the Delano photos in the Library of Congress?  I'd love to know what conclusions the presenter reached.

I see in the list archives some good old conversations about the photos, weathering, and Richard Hendrickson's comments about climbing on the rolling stock as a kid, and how really filthy the cars were; and that modellers who are used to seeing later era rolling stock find that hard to accept (I wonder if I'm among that crowd).   In another place he commented that paint coats and how they weathered in later eras is different - and so, weathering techniques for later eras have less use for models set in the steam era.

Last time this came up, I was just starting to paint models.  Now, years later, I'm back at it again but learning with Vallejo paints this time.  I've been looking at the nits and pieces of 1940s era film footage posted on YouTube, and still go back to the Delano shots over and over.   But I recognize there are multiple factors that should influence how one reads those kinds of source.  So wondering who has gone down that path before.

I have a vague recollection of someone doing a clinic and would like to see if their observations line up with how I think I am interpreting the photo information.  But my searches have failed to turn up anything more about that clinic or clinician.

Rob