Re: Was there ever a clinic on Delano-based paint and weathering?

David Soderblom

Regarding 1940s and 50s grunge: I want to strongly agree with Dave Evans.  To put it another way:
  • We have no better reference of color in the 1940s than Delano and never will.
  • Moreover those color renditions are fully plausible: one does not see gross miscoloring.
  • Finally, if your audience has seen the Delano photos, then weathering to that level seems to me to exactly fit the bill.  Everything we do is staging, not reality.  When you watch a play, you’re not fooled into thinking it’s real, but if it’s good it *feels* real and the staging supports that. Isn’t that what we’re trying to do?

David Soderblom
Baltimore MD

--
David Soderblom