Re: Was there ever a clinic on Delano-based paint and weathering?

Robert kirkham

Thanks Bruce! I appreciate Brianna’s wisdom. And you show a lot of good techniques. Still like Greg Martin’s post-it note shading! I remember seeing that described in Mainline Modeler an age ago.

One of the reasons I’ve pursued this is that I find whatever colour I start with - and whatever techniques I apply - I’m surprised how often all the cars end up looking quite similar. It tells me there are inherent biases in the way I look at it. And so I’m going back to the photos and trying to stretch my thinking. I appreciate all the contributions folks have offered in the last few days. Thanks!

Rob

On Nov 13, 2020, at 7:38 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Rob, Folks,

The handout from my clinic was already in the FILES section. I have created a folder entitled "Weathering techniques" that includes both the presentation (featuring Brianna, age 5 at the time of the photo... and if she can do it, you can do it!) and the handout.

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL