Re: Car ID just for fun

Bill McClure

Gary, thanks.

Here is a photo of the end of one of the models and two prototype photos showing the same ends. I don't know the "proper" nomenclature, but they are "inverted". They were the limiting item until I found, IIRC, an inverted Westerfield end. I then used two to make one master with the correct inversions..

Someone asked about the roof. The master was scratched. I crawled under these cars before they were scrapped to figure out the underframe, etc., but I didn't dare climb up. The roof contour was scaled, roughly, from dimensions and photos. The ribs are styrene sanded to shape.

Next model will be the steel rebuild, 12k series.

Bill