Another Postwar Boxcar

Richard Remiarz

I have continued with my efforts building and detailing plastic freight car kits.  NYC 165138 is a Branchline AAR Postwar boxcar kit.  I remember when these kits first came out. The detailing was so good that I built them stock and added them to the layout, trying to build up a large enough freight car roster for operations.  With now 400+ freight cars now operating on the layout, I can spend some additional time on freight cars, adding appropriate details to better match the prototype.

NYC 165138 represents a Lot 763-B car built in April 1946.  To better match the prototype I added poling pockets and roping rings (DA 6214). I used DA coupler cut bars, Kadee#158 scale couplers and 2003 roof walk, IM 0.088 wheelsets, and HiTech Details 6040 air hoses and brackets.  The Klasing brake wheel and brake housing are from Resin Car Works, via Shapeways.

Weathering was done using Pan Pastel Red Iron Oxide Extra Dark, Neutral Grey Shade, and Black, and Polly Scale Rust paint.  Chalk marks and repack data is Sunshine Models decals.  The reweigh data is from Speedwitch D107 NYC 40' Boxcars.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN