Re: [Plastic Freight Car Builders], [Model Railroad], [Model Railway], [Plastic Model Railroad Freight Car Builders] Bill Welch

lsittler

I am very sorry to hear of Bill’s passing. He became a friend earlier this year due to his passionate interest in Fruit Growers Express, my former employer. I most recently heard from him on 11/9 and can’t believe his death came so quickly. Such is pancreatic cancer. I will do whatever I can to help in bringing his goal of telling the FGE story across the finish line. Les

From: Eric Hansmann
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 8:41 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io ; Resin Freight Car Builders ; Proto Layouts Group
Cc: Plastic Freight Car Buiilders
Subject: [Plastic Freight Car Builders], [Model Railroad], [Model Railway], [Plastic Model Railroad Freight Car Builders] Bill Welch

Sad hobby news has reached my computer. Our favorite extreme modeler and Dodger fan, Bill Welch, passed away Sunday afternoon, November 15th, 2020. This was reported by his niece on his Facebook timeline. Bill's work has touched and inspired so many in our group and at RPM events across the years. A Zoom celebration of Bill's modeling life will be announced shortly.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN