Re: Photos: Bangor & Aroostook Flat Car 71710 With Army Tanks (Undated)

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

Am I all wet or is there a cable running beneath the deck of this BAR flat from mounts just beyond the outer sideĀ
of the last stake pocket on each side, perhaps to indicate how depressed the deck is from the weight of the tank?
I noticed this in the second photo but went back and noted that it appears in the first photo as well but is not as
obvious until it is enlarged. Can't imagine what this is for other than to keep an eye on how much the deck is
depressed.

Cordially, Don Valentine