From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Donald B. Valentine via groups.io <riverman_vt@...>
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 5:25 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photos: Bangor & Aroostook Flat Car 71710 With Army Tanks (Undated)

    The photo of the NC&StL flat car with two lee tanks is helpful Bruce. Note that it too has a cable along the side between the inner piece of the stirrup steps on each end. Thus I believe you are correct about both this and the two BAR car photos are
of test loads with the purpose of the cable, as I suggested, being to help note the amo9unt of depression in the decks of the
cars, perhaps to see how much it might have change between points "A" and "B".

    Were any of the Lee tanks used to equip National Guard units?

My best, Don Valentine