Re: GN 1948 Box Cars

Doug Polinder

John, looks like Staffan's photo got stripped from his message, but Ron Merrick is correct.  I checked all the photos I had where you could see the end, and only the cars that had been rebuilt after 1966 had the almost full-width horizontal grabs on the end.  It appears that the GN installed these beginning in 1966 the same time they lowered ladders and removed running boards.  Many of these cars were also painted big sky blue, which GN began applying in April 1967.  And here I've been modeling 1966 and have been installing the dratted !@#$%^&* things.

Doug Polinder