Re: Slide and Negative Scanners

Nathan Obermeyer

Charlie,

I have an Epson V600 and have been pretty happy with it for slides, negatives, and old photos. I've been pretty impressed with the negative digital scans compared to photos that were produced from the negatives. I wish I would have went with a V800 or V850 to scan more slides at a time then the 4 I can now. But I don't have a large slide collection and only purchase a few slides at a time so it's not an issue. Another option for slides is an adaptor for a SLR camera which allows for faster images and the ability to focus better. The camera option is pretty cheap - given if you already have a SLR plus they'll download directly to lightroom/photoshop for processing.

Nate