Re: Slide and Negative Scanners

prr6380

I have had good experience with Pacific Imaging Powerslide 5000.  It scans up to 5000 dpi and 4800 bit conversion.  The best feature for scanning large numbers of slides using magazines like a slide projectors.  I load them up, start it up and leave it alone.  Scanning at high resolutions is time consuming.  I can't look forward using a scanner doing only 4 or so at a time when faced with hundred or thousands to be done.  I've done only 1500 or 2000 my self so far as I can't get excited doing more.  It is hooked up directly to a USB port on a computer.
Walt Stafa