Re: LV 9951 series, was: Photo: Reading Well Hole Flat Car 99009 (Undated)

Daniel A. Mitchell

Mine, built from a quite old kit (ca. 1960), has wooden blocks for the end platforms, and soft metal overlays for the top decks, sides, and ends. NO trucks came with it. I used modified 3-axle passenger trucks. I’ll try to post a photo of the model soon.

Dan Mitchell

On Nov 20, 2020, at 11:11 AM, Jon Miller <atsfus@...> wrote:

On 11/20/2020 6:57 AM, Daniel A. Mitchell wrote:
Redball used to offer a wood & metal kit of this car in HO scale. I have one. It’s a bit crude by modern standards, but with a little work makes an unusual and quite presentable model.

Dan Mitchell

    I have one of these.  I believe the sides are card-stock.  The wheels in the RB trucks are 28".

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941