Re: Photos: "New Roof" Stencil (1945-1946)

Kenneth Montero

All three cars are stenciled as rebuilt in 1924 - same as the date on the "New Roof" stencil. It appears that the new roof was applied as part of a rebuilding of the boxcars.

The first and third car are marked for restricted loading - sugar, flour, clean cargo. I cannot tell what is the "public notice" posted on the door of the second car.

Ken Montero

On 11/20/2020 5:40 PM Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photos: "New Roof" Stencil (1945-1946)

Photos from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/47332/rec/35

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/47336/rec/38

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/47339/rec/40

Click on the arrows in the upper right hand corner of the photos to enlarge them and scroll to enlarge them further.

The stencils are to the left of the door near the roofline. This stencil is new to me, maybe not to others.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA