Re: GTW 583200 series autocar with 7' door - what era?

James Brewer

Rob,

From Ian Cranstone's web site:

Jim Brewer

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 7:00 AM Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:
Rob,

This series of boxcars is discussed in the article "Modeling 40-Foot CN Steel-Frame Box Cars, Part III, Type E Cars In HO Scale From Steam Shack Kits" by Stafford Swain in the February 2001 RAILMODEL JOURNAL. If you don't have this issue, it can be found on the TRAINLIFE LIBRARY web site at https://www.trainlife.com/pages/the-magazine-library . If you are interested in the rebuilt all-steel single-door version of this car, there are two photos.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:11 AM Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:
Just realized my first e-mail, (repeating a typo on the F&C site), used a 5 digit number, not the 6 digits series on the decals or in the ORER.    So maybe I'm only flagging my mistake, (but hoping there is an earlier 5 digit number series from pre-1953 that helps make sense of this kit in 1946.)

Rob