Re: GTW 583200 series autocar with 7' door - what era?

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Rob,

It worked for me just before I sent that response. It is very slow to load, and bringing up the particular issue also takes time (they are very large PDFs). The nice part is that they are free!

Keep trying.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:49 AM Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:
Thanks for the reference Garth.  I’m having some trouble getting to that page this morning - everything I try ends with not making a data base connection.

Rob

On Nov 21, 2020, at 3:59 AM, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford <mallardlodge1000@...> wrote:

Rob,

This series of boxcars is discussed in the article "Modeling 40-Foot CN Steel-Frame Box Cars, Part III, Type E Cars In HO Scale From Steam Shack Kits" by Stafford Swain in the February 2001 RAILMODEL JOURNAL. If you don't have this issue, it can be found on the TRAINLIFE LIBRARY web site at https://www.trainlife.com/pages/the-magazine-library . If you are interested in the rebuilt all-steel single-door version of this car, there are two photos.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:11 AM Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:
Just realized my first e-mail, (repeating a typo on the F&C site), used a 5 digit number, not the 6 digits series on the decals or in the ORER.    So maybe I'm only flagging my mistake, (but hoping there is an earlier 5 digit number series from pre-1953 that helps make sense of this kit in 1946.)

Rob