Re: Photo: NP Automobile Boxcar 6181 (1934)

Robert kirkham

Did you click on the expand icon before zooming?  When I do that I can see the cracks between the individual boards.  Here’s a snippet:

Rob

On Nov 21, 2020, at 10:12 AM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

Even though I’ve zoomed in quite a ways, could someone confirm my impression that this is a wood-sheathed car?

The door’s wood, but I am not completely sure that the car side is wood.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chaparro via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:52 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: NP Automobile Boxcar 6181 (1934)

Photo: NP Automobile Boxcar 6181 (1934)
A photo from the Denver Public Library:
Click on the arrows in the upper right hand corner of the photo to enlarge it and scroll to enlarge it further.
Car built in 1923.
The car's reporting marks are repeated on the right end.
Although not legible, there is a car inspection card above the right wheel of the left truck.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA