Photo: NP Automobile Boxcar 6181 (1934)

Andy Carlson

It is a wood sided car. Like a good quality house floor, the well-milled wood sheathing slats are tight fitting. In the years to come, the weaker flat-grained boards will come to light highlighting individual boards before the gaps increase, which in modeling we over exaggerate all the time.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Saturday, November 21, 2020, 10:12:26 AM PST, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

Even though I’ve zoomed in quite a ways, could someone confirm my impression that this is a wood-sheathed car?

The door’s wood, but I am not completely sure that the car side is wood.

Schuyler

Photo: NP Automobile Boxcar 6181 (1934)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/57922/rec/104

Click on the arrows in the upper right hand corner of the photo to enlarge it and scroll to enlarge it further.

Car built in 1923.