From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of devansprr
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 12:04 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Slide and Negative Scanners

Charlie,

This is an interesting alternative, although it only works for 35mm slides. It came up on the RR Historical Society SIG group. Credit to Jeff Eggert over at CNWHS:

http://www.yardoffice.com/archives/howto/slideshootingdslr.html

In addition to being pretty fast, if you already have a slide projector and DLSR, it is of nominal cost.

At some point I need to use this setup for my non-RR family slide collection. I used a Canon film scanner in the past, and liked it very much, but it has suffered a hardware failure after about 15 years and I have not yet attempted a repair (nor do I know if parts are available.)

But my Canon scanner could never scan close to the 300 slides per hour rate that Jeff claims.

Dave Evans