Re: Seeing individual boards on Single Sheathed cars

Paul Doggett

The Tichy USRA boxcar really sets the standard for planking on boxcar sides in my humble opinion.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 22 Nov 2020, at 20:38, StephenK <thekays100@...> wrote:

I agree.   Almost all models of single sheath cars have grooves molded in to delineate separate boards, and those grooves are way too large.  As Andy says, those "grooves" just don't show in this photo.   The don't show up in most photos (and that goes for wooden passenger cars too.).  The Accurail single sheathed cars (4200, 4300, and 4500 series) do a much better job here--the casting shows boards at slightly different levels with no grooves between them.   As far as I'm concerned, they are the best in the business.

Steve Kay