Schuyler

It’s got AB brakes Royal K is the type of adjuster.  K brakes where outlawed in interchange service in or by 1953 it kept getting pushed back,

Paul Doggett.  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 23 Nov 2020, at 15:53, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

Thank you, Brian.  Prior to the photo I’d not noted the legend “ROYAL K BRK REGL” on the side of the car.  This is obviously 1948 or later, but K brakes?  Were they not outlawed by then?  (I admit to not reading all preceding posts about this interesting car!)

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of BRIAN PAUL EHNI
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2020 9:15 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: ATSF Boxcar 212625 Bx-12 (1948)

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/utils/ajaxhelper/?CISOROOT=p15330coll22&CISOPTR=55053&action=2&DMSCALE=100&DMWIDTH=7000&DMHEIGHT=600081

Thanks!
--

<image001.png>

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "Bob Chaparro via groups.io" <chiefbobbb@...>
Date: Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 11:39 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: ATSF Boxcar 212625 Bx-12 (1948)

Photo: ATSF Boxcar 212625 Bx-12 (1948)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/55053/rec/56

Click on the arrows in the upper right hand corner of the photo to enlarge it and scroll to enlarge it further.

Car built in 1930. The car height was extended with a new steel panel roof and upper side and end panels during a minor rebuilding program in 1941-1944.

Car has a switching tag or card ("52") on the door.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA