Re: HO Tank Car Lid

Steve and Barb Hile

Inside the hinged top are the control valves for loading and unloading.  The hose connections enter that casing through holes in the side of the casing to connect with the valves there.  Note that there are two connections required to properly empty the car.  See this interesting photo

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Allen Cain
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 10:33 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] HO Tank Car Lid

The picture of the Warren Tank Car being filled inspired me to model a car being filled.

Does anyone offer an HO tank car top with a lid that opens to model a car being filled?  Probably not using the right terms but you get my meaning I hope.

Would be interested in one for either gas, oil, propane or acid tank cars.

Thanks,

Allen Cain