Re: HO Tank Car Lid

Tony Thompson

Todd Sullivan wrote:

You should be able to saw the 'lid' off an Athearn 'chemical' tank car (cheap donor) and add it to an Atlas 11,000 gallon pressure tank car model.  If you have one of those super thin modeling saws, you could probably just cut the top off the Atlas model's manway (dome) and glue it back on in the open position.  I know of no HO tank car that has an operating hinged lid.

  Better try and use the Atlas over. I don't think you can mix the two. The Athearn one is considerably oversize, while the Atlas valve bonnet is scale size.

Tony Thompson