Re: HO Tank Car Lid

Bruce Smith

Bob,

Excellent point, however, the PRR’s Atglen and Susquehanna (A&S) and Columbia and Port Deposit (C&PD) branches, which I model, have the odd problem of being wilderness lines for much of their length, often with highly restricted access to the ROWs, and so much of the wreck cleanup that I have seen has involved shipping for scrapping. But now, you have me pondering, since I am not modeling the actual wreck, but rather the results, if a gondola full of what appear to be cut up tank car pieces wouldn’t be more appropriate…

Regards,
Bruce

On Nov 24, 2020, at 1:44 PM, Robert Heninger <gn2059@...> wrote:

Bruce,

I would think a tank car with much more damage than that would be scrapped on site, and would not be economically or even feasibly repairable, even given your mid-1944 timeframe. But I could be wrong. What (prototype) damaged tank car bodies I have seen as loads looked almost intact, as I recall.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND