Oooops!  Sorry:

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 11/24/20 7:04 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Search STMFC question

Hi Again Andy:
hile you are searching could you please forward a copy of the Great Northern box xar I n question?  When I got home and went to compare the ends the photo had escaped my computer.

Bill

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 11/24/20 6:08 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: STMFC E-List <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Search STMFC question

Hi-

I am reminded often that we can search for previous STMFC,io posts on subjects of our interest. Tonight I tried to find a search engine on the STMFC.io home page. I could not find one.

I admit to be at near the bottom of the curve when it comes to computer savvy skills. My search was inspired this week with a short thread about scale board groove gaps for model train single sheathed freight cars. I seem to recall that both the MDC and Walthers products of 50' single sheathed auto box cars came out originally close to the same time. I also seem to remember that Richard Hendrickson mentioned the prototype for the Walthers car was thought to be non existent.

Is the Walthers car close to any North American prototype? I admire the boards on the Walthers cars and feel them to be nicely done with the groove exagerations held in check. In particular, is there any chance for an easy kit bash into something real?

Any help here is appreciated, Stay safe, friends!
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.