Re: C&I Hopper

charlie9

This car is obviously in a train of mixed freight.  When I worked on the Big Four at Harrisburg Il. we had an ocean of NYC hoppers.  There was one little L&N car that showed up between the same two NYC cars from time to time.  Somehow it got caught up in coal train service on our line and nobody ever make the effort to throw it out and send it home.

The point I want to make is that regardless of your era, a foreign car or two would not really be out of place and would give you an excuse to model something different.

Charlie