Re: New Release: Tangent Scale Models GATC 8,000 Gallon Insulated 1917-Design Radial Course Tank Car

Tim O'Connor

Jeff

I think at that time they produced "NATURAL GASOLINE" - this was the highly volatile stuff that came
straight out of the ground. I'm guessing that insulated cars may have had less chance of volatiles leaking out?
Would such a car would be an ICC 104, instead of an insulated ICC 103?

On 11/28/2020 1:00 PM, Aley, Jeff A wrote:

These look really nice – as we’ve come to expect from Tangent.

My one question – why would gasoline require an insulated car?  Is the idea to prevent the vapor pressure from building up in the summertime?  One obviously (?) doesn’t need to ship gasoline in an insulated car in the winter.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Sterling, Massachusetts