Re: Pacific Fruit Express Data Boxes

Tony Thompson

William Reed wrote:

Not sure if this was answered or not but it looks like repack dates for the journals. Don't know if the upper and lower box had separate significance or not. I can barely make out the wording on one of your photos and it appears to say RPKD which would stand for "Repacked".  This was usually accompanied by a date and location of where that service took place. Hope this helps.

    William is right, beat me to it. There are two boxes but they were used in sequence,, oldest one replaced with every repack.

Tony Thompson