Re: Car ID just for fun

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Rob,

I didn't try to download. Instead I took screen shots using Mac's "Grab" tool in the "selection" mode. Using the tools on Trainlife's site, I first rotated the images 90 degrees to get a complete selection of the whole page. Grab only takes shots at 72 dpi, which is pretty grainy. I was only doing RMJ articles, which themselves are already grainy, but the results are better than nothing and I only did three or four missing articles.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 6:49 PM robertb@... <robertb@...> wrote:

Is it possible to download the magazines from the Trainlife site? I've not been successful in trying to do so.

Robert Bogie

On 1/12/2020 10:21 am, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford wrote:
Tim,

I see what you mean. I wonder if you have to be signed up as a member to have it work. I'm not, and I don't like signing in to sites for security reasons. In any case, I used the site extensively last month to fill in some multi-volume articles where I had not saved one of the numbers which I was scanning from paper. Glad I acted when I did.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:09 AM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Garth, it's the actual magazine pages that fail with an error code. Maybe it works for some people.
The world wide web is becoming increasingly fractured.

http://magazine.trainlife.com/ptm_1986_8/

On 11/28/2020 6:51 PM, Garth Groff and Sally Sanford wrote:
Ed,

I just got in with no problem using this URL: https://www.trainlife.com/pages/the-magazine-library .

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 6:24 PM Ed Shoben <ejshoben@...> wrote:
I too found trainlife’s magazine section down. -Ed

Sterling, Massachusetts