From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...>
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 9:59 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Frisco “Sawtooth” boxcar photo

Thanks to all for the photos.
Good point about the running board brackets.
Of course I was focused on the somewhat unusual lateral support brackets. I think I might have to go with shim brass strips to get them to look right and have some structural strength.
Marty

On Dec 1, 2020, at 9:48 AM, radiodial868 <radiodial57@...> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 07:00 PM, John Sanders wrote:

Here is a photo of one of the cars renumbered with a stores department stencil. The Frisco Lines coon skin emblem in this 1947 photo matches the 1940 lettering in the previous photograph.

John Sanders

That is an excellent photo John. It highlights the 3-piece running board supports found on so many boxcars. Here in 2020 we are still using big square blobs on our models for supports. I wish I had the metal-etch chops that Pierre Oliver has.
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA