Re: Pacific Fruit Express Data Boxes

Tony Thompson

Dick Harley wrote:

Those Repack stencil rectangles are also discussed in the SPH&TS book on painting & lettering SP and PFE freight cars (page 127).  The drawing for the stencil was issued in March 1938.  I have never noticed a stencil with data in both rectangles.

     I don't have a photo of both rectangles in use, but I do have a photo of the lower rectangle in use (below). I don't know the photographer; my friend Clark Bauer sent me this photo.
     Note also that a clerk has tacked some cards in the same area!

Tony Thompson