From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ralph W. Brown
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:51 AM
To: 'main@RealSTMFC.groups.io' <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Okay You Gondola Devotees

Hi Gary,

Looks like a drop-bottom gon to me.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

From: "gary laakso"
To: "stmfc"
Sent: Wednesday December 2 2020 12:58:35PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Okay You Gondola Devotees

While the company service tank cars and the DRGW 4-8-4 are extra eye candy, the DGRW gondola in the foreground on the left is the subject of this question.  What are the cut holes on the side of the car for?  I have not seen that feature in a gondola before.  Note too, the gusset plates cover part of the inside of the car, not just the top of the end and side.   The car also has wonderful residue of gunk in it that has not been cleaned out.

https://donstrack.smugmug.com/UtahRails/Emil-Albrecht-Photos/1947-Jan-Salt-Lake-City/i-DsQZffL/A

Gary “I know the Grande did things differently” Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock