Re: EJ&E twin hoppers

Rich C

You are correct, Tim. My info came from the RPI site. I may have misread it or their info is incorrect. Maybe 1953 was the rebuild year for the ribs? There was info sometime back on the EJ&E photo and info site, but that has been going through reorganization.

Rich Christie

On Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 09:41:19 AM CST, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

built in 1940, then

On 12/1/2020 8:01 PM, Rich C via groups.io wrote:
These cars were actually built as offset hoppers in 1953 series 41000-41699. Don't know when they were rebuilt to ribside twins.

Rich Christie

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 02:52:14 PM CST, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I think they were built in 1940. No models in HO but you might be able to bash from a Stewart 3 bay or two.

On 11/30/2020 11:55 PM, Richard Townsend via groups.io wrote:
This photo, taken in Longmont, Colorado, has an EJ&E twin hopper in the background, adding more to the mentions of roaming hoppers:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-Western-Sugar-Co-Steam-Engine-0-4-0-T-Negative-Longmont-CO-1968/153919429158?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Can anyone provide some information on these hoppers? Who built them and when? Is there a model in HO that would at least approximate them? Is there a source of appropriate decals, assuming a suitable model could be found?

Sterling, Massachusetts

Sterling, Massachusetts