Re: Another means of adding chalk markings

Steve and Barb Hile

We had sidewalk chalk for our kids (and now for our grandkids) that was soft and about an inch in diameter.  Likely the same or similar stuff.

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 9:09 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Another means of adding chalk markings

Doug Harding wrote:

The chalk was a 1” stick, so the markings could be seen at a distance. Railroad chalk is still sold and used in a number of commercial applications.

      Yes, indeed, and when I was in my various lecturing jobs, I really liked it for chalk boards, students could see it well. (The chalk is kind of soft, makes a nice bold line.)

Tony Thompson