Re: Another means of adding chalk markings

Tony Thompson

Anything and everything a switchman needed to know: track numbers, outbound train numbers, consignee, repair or cleaning needs, date, time, MT or loaded, etc. Problem is, it’s mostly in local code or abbreviations, so you can’t really decode it. But that’s good news too: write almost anything!
Tony Thompson

On Dec 3, 2020, at 7:16 AM, Louis Adler <lsainnwa@...> wrote:

Not having any knowledge of chalk mark content, what would be typical information conveyed by a chalk mark?  Modeling 1955 means that I need to add them to some of my rolling stock.  TIA

Lou Adler