Re: Whose gon and dolomite container cars are these?

william darnaby

The NKP had a couple of series of gons in dolomite container service out of the online plant near Maple Grove, Ohio.  Same type of containers, 7 tons each IIRC.  In one of my Cycs there is an add for these containers but I am too lazy to dig it out.  As far as I know the NKP cars all went east to the mills.

Bill Darnaby

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gatwood, Elden J SAD
Sent: Friday, December 4, 2020 1:13 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Whose gon and dolomite container cars are these?

This is a pretty rare shot, maybe due to unflashy nature of the subject:

https://digital.hagley.org/1986268_1_0166

But super interesting that cars on the charging floor being unloaded for use include the scrap gon and dolomite container car.  Whose are they?  Seems LSC is Laclede Steel Co.; OK, served by who?

Elden Gatwood