Re: Whose gon is this?

Schuyler Larrabee

Comments below, Claus

Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Whose gon is this?

Hi Elden and List Members,

With respect to "Whose gon is this?" I assume we are talking about the gon on the right, where we get a good view of the end of the car...

I don't know whose gon it is, but it is a quite interesting car...

(1) The end nearest the camera is corrugated steel. It appears to me to be a drop end - am I correct?

I agree, a drop end.

(2) On the same car, the end furthest from the camera looks to me to be a WOOD end - does anyone else agree? Zoom in and take a look...

I zoomed in and I think that the car may be wood lined.  Look at the right side – we’re at the B end you know, so the right side is the one on the right in the photo – and it appears that may be wood lined as well.  Conceivable in my view due to the rough service the car is in.

(3) I'm unable to tell if the car sides are steel or wood construction - any thoughts?

 I think steel sides, but then there’s the (maybe) wood lining?

That crane is really cool, too . . .

Schuyler

Claus Schlund