Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Whose gon is this?

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Eric;

Thanks for all that input!

I can’t for the life of me find my P&LE composite gon photos.  I had the luck to crawl all over one many years ago, that had gone into MW service intact.

P&LE clearly used a variety of ends on their composite and early steel gons, including a short Dreadnaught-looking end, and an inverted USRA-looking replacement end used on some USRA 46’ gons, that sometimes included a lower end reinforcement plate like in the second photo.  Some have more rounded ribs, some less.

Thanks again!

Elden Gatwood