Re: Wood sheathing differential weathering reasons

O Fenton Wells

Interesting concept Charlie nice results, like the wire grabs
Fenton

On Dec 6, 2020, at 8:05 AM, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

<4B36A0FA-325F-4B1A-A75A-D3A8CA3C6CFF.jpeg>
<E71A084D-17AF-4C56-842C-01592CC8599B.jpeg>
Andy
Thanks for the image and overview.  I went to the work bench and did a ‘beta’ test on a Proto 2000 hopper.  Using a needle in a pin vice I added some grain in a couple places and the used Vallejo black gray and black to replicate the weathered wood as in your photo of the WP car.   After the paint was dry I used the pin vice again to replicate more grain.

This is only a test to see how the weathering of wood can be pulled off - am looking for other thoughts and I’ll try more on this car and post the results.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.