From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 6, 2020 7:05 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Wood sheathing differential weathering reasons

Andy
Thanks for the image and overview.  I went to the work bench and did a ‘beta’ test on a Proto 2000 hopper.  Using a needle in a pin vice I added some grain in a couple places and the used Vallejo black gray and black to replicate the weathered wood as in your photo of the WP car.   After the paint was dry I used the pin vice again to replicate more grain.

This is only a test to see how the weathering of wood can be pulled off - am looking for other thoughts and I’ll try more on this car and post the results.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.