Re: Wood sheathing differential weathering reasons

Steve SANDIFER

Proto and Rail-scale-models missed the slope sheets. They were also wood down to the frame. See photo p. 242 Santa Fe Open Top Cars.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kenneth Montero
Sent: Sunday, December 6, 2020 12:13 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Wood sheathing differential weathering reasons

Charlie,

Regarding the car's interior, Rail Scale Models makes a laser-cut interior wood lining for the Proto 2000 War Emergency Hopper - part no. A205.  Bill Hanley told me about this item.

Ken Montero

On 12/06/2020 10:49 AM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Fenton
The metal grab irons are included in the P2K parts.  While a little oversized I’m ok on how they look. Not sure why I passed up on buying one of these models when they were first released but they look nice and it’s a very quick build. Only criticism is the interior where the boards are is completely smooth.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.